Fabrication Technician (Temporary)
|Location:||Walla Walla, Washington|
|Job Title:||Temporary Fabrication Technician|
To be trained to, or to help on one or more of the following machines or work centers: cutoff saws; CNC and standard shears and brakes; rollers; presses; forming machines; CNC and standard whitney punching machines; CNC plasma and punch machines; belt, bench, and hand held grinders, that cut, shape, and bend metal plates, sheets, tubes, and structures.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Operates machines or works in work centers with supervision.
- At all times safety is a top priority while performing any part of your job.
- Follow Supervisors instructions.
- Reads job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements.
- Frequently going to different work centers to help where needed to assist in a one or two man operation.
- Observes machine operation to detect workpiece defects or machine malfunction.
- Measures workpiece dimensions to determine accuracy of machine operation.
- Removes burrs, sharp edges, rust, or scale from workpiece.
- Stacks, marks, packs, and transports finished workpieces.
- When working jobs follow the due date provided in the job router unless otherwise instructed by your Supervisor.
- Contact Supervisor or Fab Lead if there are any problems with job or equipment.
- Properly use barcode system to reflect time charged to jobs.
- Stay in work area and work well with others.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.Key Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer Apply for a career at Key Technology.