Key Technology, founded in 1948, is an international leader in the design and manufacture of process automation systems for the food processing, industrial and pharmaceutical markets.
Market conditions, including heightened concerns from consumers about food and pharmaceutical safety and quality, a world-wide shortage of cost-effective labor, and the demand for improved quality in products exported by developing countries, combine to drive Key Technology's growth.
The Company's products integrate advanced material-handling technologies with automated inspection systems that use lasers, visible and infrared light and extremely high-speed computer processing to identify and remove product defects and foreign materials from food, pharmaceuticals and other processed products. Customers on six continents in over 81 countries rely on Key equipment to significantly improve product quality and safety, reduce operating costs through labor reduction, and increase process control capabilities that optimize production efficiencies.
A publicly-held company, Key’s stock trades on the Nasdaq Global Market under the symbol KTEC.
Products and Services
- Optical Inspection Systems including Veo™, Manta®, Tegra® and Optyx®, which identify and remove defects.
- Specialized Conveying Systems including Iso-Flo® vibratory conveyors, Horizon™ horizontal motion conveyors, Impulse™ electromagnetic conveyors, Spiral-Flo™ spiral elevators, pumping systems, and grading systems for sizing, grading, and separating.
- Preparation Systems for blanching, air cooling, air cleaning, washing, and feeding.
- Fresh-cut Food Processing Equipment including washers, dryers and integrated lines.
- Pharmaceutical and Nutraceutical sorting and preparation systems from the SYMETIX® division.
- Aftermarket and Support Services including upgrades, replacement parts, contract equipment service and protection plans, RemoteMD™ web-based monitoring, diagnostics and access, application testing, and online as well as in-plant training.
- Integrated Solutions Group offers custom engineering of integrated processing lines, custom equipment design and procurement, alliances with third-party suppliers, complete turn-key solutions, project management, and equipment installation and commissioning.
- Focus Industries: Key's strategy is to focus our resources on four targeted industries that will provide the highest potential for our product solutions - potatoes, processed vegetables and fruit, fresh-cut vegetable and leafy products, and pharmaceuticals and nutraceuticals.
- Additional Market Opportunities: nuts, snacks, meat, poultry, coffee, tobacco, cereals, pet food, plastics, paper, and other products
- Directed strategic investment in research and development to continuously deliver new solutions to the market
- Dedication to strong customer relationships
- Systematic exploration of new technoloogies that support our business strategies
- Key Technology Corporate Profile (38 KB)