Happy New Year! As you make resolutions and set goals for the coming year, we hope that plant safety is at the top of your list. In this first edition of the Service Advisor for 2018 we focus on safety and efficiency and offer tips for improving both in your facility.
Make 2018 the Year of Plant Safety
It is important that all personnel who work around equipment know the hazards of that equipment, especially if their job is to clean it. All operations and maintenance personnel must read the “Safety Awareness” chapter of the technical manual for the equipment installed in the plant.
General safety recommendations for Key Technology equipment:
- Permit only authorized and properly trained personnel to install, operate and maintain the equipment.
- Always wear approved eye, hearing and other personal protective equipment.
- Ensure all safety guards and shields are securely fastened in place before starting the equipment.
- Turn off and lock out power and air (if supplied) before removing any covers for maintenance or cleaning.
- Keep work area clean to prevent accidents or product contamination.
- Perform regularly scheduled maintenance to keep equipment in good working order at all times.
- Do not wear torn or loose clothing or jewelry around equipment with moving parts.
- Use the equipment only for its designed/designated/intended purpose.
- Use only original components for maintenance.
- Follow proper procedures for turning on or off the equipment.
In addition to these guidelines, be sure to read and always follow your company specific safety policies and procedures.
Make 2018 an Efficient Year!
Plan. Do. Check. Act.
Situation. Target. Proposal.
Define. Measure. Analyze. Improve. Control.
Whatever you call process improvement, anytime is a good time to evaluate maintenance and sanitation processes.
First, accurately document what is taking place, define the situation and make a plan. Then execute the plan. Measure and analyze results to check that you are experiencing the outcome you expect. If not, re-evaluate and act to make the changes you need to keep the improvement process going.
Most importantly, be critical to ensure you really are improving. Ask yourself “Why do we do it that way?” multiple times during the process.
Remember, we are always here to help!
We are dedicated to providing best-in-class after-sales service to our valued customers to ensure that you get the most out of your Key Technology equipment. Our Service Team can be reached through our 24-hour Call Center. Contact them today to get information on your installed equipment, detailed spare part quotations, or to schedule a service visit.