In the Blue Mountains, just east of our headquarters in Walla Walla, WA we had snowfall at the local ski area this week. Fall is just setting in, but this early dusting is a stark reminder that winter is coming our way. Meanwhile, in the Blue Mountains of Australia, spring is on the horizon. Whether it is Fall or Spring where you are, it is a great time of year to audit your equipment and plan for any required maintenance.
Seasonal Maintenance Activities
Whether you are getting ready for start-up or storage or whether you operate year-round, regular inspection of your sorters and shakers ensures efficient operation and prevents unscheduled downtime. Here are some things you should check during your scheduled maintenance activities.
- Signs of corrosion or water intrusion
- Doors close and latch
- Door gaskets securely in place and in good condition
- Lights and emergency stop button in working condition
Electronics, Cameras and Lasers
- All working correctly
- All necessary KeyWare® installed
- GUI and touchscreen working
- Air and water pressure good
- Thermostats set correctly
- Incoming water temperature correct
- Chiller refrigerant level correct and working properly (if present)
- Spray bars properly positioned and working
- Brushes and squeegees in good shape and actuating
Conveyor belt and frame
- Belt in good shape, no fraying
- Correct length
- Tracking properly
- Correct pressure
- All valves working
- Lamps installed correctly and operating
- Cameras and lasers properly normalized and aligned
- Windows free of stains and scratches
Vibratory Conveyor Inspection:
- Bed and frame free from cracks and damage
- Spring arms and shims in good condition
- Operating at correct speed and stroke
These are just a few of the items our technicians cover in our comprehensive equipment audit. Call us today to schedule one with your local technician and ensure you’re ready for the season ahead.
Do you have manuals for your Key Technology equipment? Our Technical Manuals are available online at http://www.keytechnicalmanuals.com/.
Do you need spare parts? Inquire online at http://www.key.net/parts-and-service/parts-inquiry.