Small Piece Remover
The Small Piece Remover is an open-bed design machine with integral frame and endless sizing belt, used to separate smaller pieces of product from line flow.
The machine is factory set at a six-degree slope from infeed to discharge. The belt uses molded, food-grade plastic slats with pockets to perform sizing. Running at a right angle to product flow, the sizing belt forms a trough where product travels through the machine. The rolling cross-flow movement gently mixes and encourages product transfer.
Features and Benefits
- Mixing action ensures that target pieces contact the sizing slats for efficient removal
- 98% effective, proven in field operation on baby whole carrots
- Streamlined design more efficient that alternative rotary style separators
- Self-cleaning pockets eliminate the need for high pressure water and brush system to continuously clean pockets
- Simple, open framework dramatically reduces cleanup and service time and complexity
- Compact design reduces installation costs by using less plant area and simplifying installation
Seamless Integration With Other Key Products
- Usually fed by an Iso-Flo® vibratory conveyor with side discharge