Manta® 2000 Laser & Camera Sorter
Manta® 2000 features a 2-meter (79-inch) wide scan area that dramatically increases throughput within a space-saving footprint. Sorting up to and beyond 20 metric tons (44,000 pounds) of processed vegetables or fruit per hour, Manta offers sub-millimeter resolution scanning to detect and remove the smallest defects and foreign material.
Using color and/or Vis/IR cameras, Manta 2000 recognizes each object’s size and shape as well as millions of subtle color differences to remove defects based on user-defined reject standards. Raptor lasers detect foreign material (FM) based on differences in the structural properties of the objects while FluoRaptor™ reliably detects foreign material (FM) based on differing levels of chlorophyll. Combining cameras and lasers on one platform achieves the most comprehensive sort available in the market.
Designed for flexibility, Key can configure Manta with up to eight top-mounted color or Vis/IR (visible and infrared wavelength) cameras and up to two top-mounted lasers. Optional bottom-mounted sensors can be added to meet the specific needs of each application.
Click here to learn about our online and instructor-led training courses for Manta® Laser / Camera Sorters.
HID, LED lighting
Combination laser & color sorting
Up to 14 different camera configurations
Single and/or two-sided viewing
Belt speeds up to 3 m/sec (600 ft/min)
Integrated and automatically controlled clean-in-place (CIP) system(s)
Air and water preparation on board
Integrated UPS power conditioning
Sorter Reference Information
- Manta Overview Brochure (760 KB)
- Key Technology Product Training Brochure (941 KB)
- PROliance™ Brochure (948 KB)
- RemoteMD™ in Three Easy Steps (1,936 KB)
- How Electronic Sorting Technology Helps Maximize Food Safety
- Critical Success Factors for Optimizing Electronic Inspection
- Corn Processing on Manta® 2000 Laser / Camera Sorter
- Green Beans 3-way Sorting on Manta® 2000 Laser / Camera Sorter
- Green Beans Sorting on Manta® 2000 Laser & Camera Sorter
- Peas on Manta® 2000 Laser / Camera Sorter
- Potato Strips 3-way Sorting on Manta® 2000 Laser / Camera Sorter
- Key Technology Introduces FoodSafetyPRO™
- Pinguin Purchases Three Manta® Sorters from Key Technology
- Key Technology Introduces New Wet Spinach Sorting System
- Key Technology Opens Innovation and Solutions Center
- Key Technology Introduces Three-Way Sorting
- Online Training from Key Technology Delivers Value to a Multinational Food Processor