Optyx® 6000 Raptor Laser Sorter
Optyx® 6000-series sorters with Raptor Laser Technology, FluoRaptor™ Fluorescence-Sensing Laser Technology and NEW multiple wavelength Raptor Laser combinations—enable you to eliminate more of what you don't want in your product stream. Raptor Laser Technology works inside the Optyx® 6000-series sorter to attack foreign material and defects with superior vision, intelligence and speed. Their powerful combination with Key’s industry-leading camera technology provides you the most complete sorting solutions available.
Raptor and FluoRaptor™ Laser Technologies work inside the Optyx® 6000-series sorter to attack foreign material (FM) and defects with superior vision, intelligence and speed. FluoRaptor™ Laser Sorter adds the ability to sense varying levels of chlorophyll, detecting and removing extraneous vegetable matter (EVM) as well. Multiple wavelength laser combinations enhance the ability to differentiate between good product and unacceptable objects in processed and fresh-cut vegetables – increasing product quality and minimizing yield loss.
Raptor laser sorters are ideal for targeting glass, rocks, metal, rodents, insects and other field debris—as well as defects including subtle green tones in carrots and potatoes; pod, vine, and leaf in peas of the same color; husk and shank in corn; or core in iceberg, romaine, and cabbage.
Click here to learn about our online and instructor-led training courses for Optyx® 6000 Laser Sorters.
Features and Benefits
- The highest resolution laser scanners in food sorting today allow aggressive targeting of defects, FM, and EVM with a scanning width of 1219 mm (48”) and speeds up to 12 metric tons/hour.
- Leveraging G6 image processing muscle, Raptor and FluoRaptor’s all-digital architecture delivers uncompromised data, driving the most advanced algorithms for complex sort decisions.
- Unlike other laser sorters, Key Technology’s patented user interface gives you the ability to see what Raptor sees. Intuitive, easy-to-use displays let you set criteria at the touch of a button.
- FMAlert™ - an enhanced quality monitoring capability that allows processors to improve the tracking and control of foreign material (FM) by capturing FM occurrences in an event log with time and date stamp.
- OPC Communication Link - we can easily connect Key equipment to plant-wide networks enabling outbound and inbound communications to monitor and control equipment settings.
- The safest, and only Class 1, laser system in food sorting ensures optimal protection for your employees with an integrated, out-of-sight light emission source.
- Connect water, power and air…and be up and running.
- Adaptive Signal Processing automatically minimizes the need to adjust for system drift.
Sorter Reference Information
- Optyx Overview Brochure (758 KB)
- Key Technology Product Training Brochure (941 KB)
- PROliance™ Brochure (948 KB)
- RemoteMD™ in Three Easy Steps (1,936 KB)
- L&S Cranberry
- Mariani Packing Company
- Pure Pacific Organics Relies on Optyx® with FluoRaptor™ to Assure Product Quality and Food Safety
- Sacramento Valley Walnut Relies on Optyx® with Raptor to Maximize Product Quality
- How Electronic Sorting Technology Helps Maximize Food Safety
- Critical Success Factors for Optimizing Electronic Inspection
- Digital Sorting Equipment for Nuts
- Corn on Optyx® 6000 Laser / Camera Sorter
- Blueberries Processing on Optyx® 6000 Laser / Camera Sorter
- Fresh-cut Lettuce Processing on Optyx® 6000 Laser / Camera Sorter
- Peas on Optyx® 6000 Laser / Camera Sorter
- Prunes Processing on Optyx® 6000 Laser / Camera Sorter
- Raisins Processing on Optyx® 6000 Laser / Camera Sorter
- Walnuts Processing on Optyx® 6000 Laser / Camera Sorter
- L&S Cranberry Optimizes its Optyx® Sorter with RemoteMD™
- Key Technology Introduces FoodSafetyPRO™
- Key Technology Introduces New Wet Spinach Sorting System
- Stemilt Growers Selects Key Technology’s Optyx® Sorter for Cherry Packing
- Key Technology Opens Innovation and Solutions Center
- Online Training from Key Technology Delivers Value to a Multinational Food Processor