Optyx® 6000 Optical Sorter
Exceptional color recognition, easy access, and integrated controls characterize the next generation of this versatile and accurate on-belt optical inspection system.
Because product appeal, safety, and suitability-for-market can hinge on slight distinctions in color, Optyx® 6000 provides the opportunity to meet the most stringent criteria for the products you put in front of today’s consumer.
Click here to learn about our online and instructor-led training courses for Optyx® 6000 Optical Sorters.
Features and Benefits
Advanced Cameras and Lighting
- Options include full-color, Vis/IR or monochromatic cameras for maximum application-specific effectiveness and efficiency.
- Multiple camera configurations optimized to meet your specific application needs.
- Powerful high intensity discharge (HID) lamps flood the inspection zone with light.
- Unlike fluorescent bulbs, HID lamps require no extra clearance for changing.
- Camera, lighting and electronics housed in environmentally controlled enclosure.
- Easy access to all maintenance points via sealed door and simple key.
Advanced Electrical Design
- Integrated convenience/space-saving – graphical user interface and operator controls manufactured into system on either left or right side; saves valuable floor space and provides maximum plant flexibility.
- One internal power conditioner package.
Simple User Interface
- Simple-to-use high-resolution, multilingual, touchscreen monitor allows the operator to see what the sorter sees.
- Operators quickly pinpoint defects and rapidly adjust to changes in product.
- Remote setup capable over Ethernet.
- FMAlert™ - an enhanced quality monitoring capability that allows processors to improve the tracking and control of foreign material (FM) by capturing FM occurrences in an event log with time and date stamp.
- OPC Communication Link - we can easily connect Key equipment to plant-wide networks enabling outbound and inbound communications to monitor and control equipment settings.
Precise Defect Removal
- Powerful, high-speed air-blast ejectors placed close to the belt discharge and spaced for optimum sorting.
- Defects are targeted for rejection, good product is retained.
- Long-life ejector valves individually mounted for easy maintenance.
Remote Monitoring and Operation
- Integrated OPC and VNC servers allow data collection and machine operation from your desk top or around the world.
- Enclosure doors provide fast entry to enclosed camera, lighting, and electronic component maintenance points.
- Automatic air tensioning ensures consistent on-belt tracking and minimizes wear on bearings.
- Unique cantilevered design allows open access to the belt.
- All surfaces designed for easy access and total washdown.
Sorter Reference Information
- Optyx Overview Brochure (758 KB)
- Key Technology Product Training Brochure (941 KB)
- PROliance™ Brochure (948 KB)
- RemoteMD™ in Three Easy Steps (1,936 KB)
- How Electronic Sorting Technology Helps Maximize Food Safety
- Critical Success Factors for Optimizing Electronic Inspection
- A Controlling Interest